Woo hoo! An excuse to give you lots of information about myself that you might, or might not, find useful.
Similar to the Liebster Blog Award, certain rules also apply in receiving this award:
1. I am originally a southern California girl. I left when I was 18 to go to college in Boston, despite everyone I went to high school with (except Sunny at Cease and Decyst, with whom I went to both high school and college) telling me I would be home by Christmas. 13 years later, I'm still here.
- Thank the person who passed the award on to you. (Cornfed, you rock.)
- List 7 things that people may not know about you.
- Pass the award to 15 other bloggers and don't forget to notify them as well. The hard part is trying to pick 15 bloggers not chosen by others. Feel free to ignore my nomination if you received it from someone else :)
2. I didn't drive until I was 20 years old. I did the whole driver's ed/training thing, and then failed my test at 16. I was a petrified driver and sucked at it big time. Being the type A that I am, I gave up driving entirely. Since I was moving back east, I didn't need one anyway. I didn't conquer my fear until I was forced to. Now, I love to drive and went on a cross-country road trip a few years ago with a BFF.
3. I have a ridiculous amount of pop culture knowledge, especially about 1980s and 1990s music and movies. Anyone want to test me? Maybe we should go play at a local bar...
4. I have two very naughty cats.
5. I have a ridiculous addiction to burritos. Those who live in the Boston area will understand this: I am a serious Boca Grande addict, NOT Anna's Taqueria. I am slightly ashamed that Chipotle has stolen some of my business though - damn you cilantro rice.
6. I hate to shop for clothes. Seriously, it is one of my least favorite activities. I am the reason personal shoppers were invented. If I could get by with wearing jeans, t shirts, flip flops, and a sweatshirt or two, I would be a happy woman.
7. I have many tattoos. I got my first one when I was 17 by batting my eyelashes and flashing some cash. It was a major addiction for many years after that. If I had money to spend frivolously, tattoos would be in the top 5 things to buy.
Here are 15 other bloggesses out there I want to know more about:
Detour at Detour
Rebecca at Pink Lipgloss and Prenatals
Jes at All I Ever Wished For
Izzy at Eggceptional Blues
Lanie at Unruffled Lanie
Katie at From If To When
ADSchill at MissConception
Cristy at Searching for our Silver Lining
Amanda at Our Life in a Nutshell
Trisha at The Elusive Second Line
Mo at Life and Love in a Petri Dish
Stephanie at Clay Baboons
Courtney at Bodega Bliss
Anasara at Who Scrambled My Eggs
Aggie Armstrong at Cablearms
Have fun, ladies!