At this time tomorrow, I will be on a plane to Aruba. It couldn't come soon enough!
The other night, after I took a picture of my meds, I promptly had an emotional meltdown. I should preface by saying that I had a series of stressful things happen all in a row on Tuesday.
1. I realized a few hours before a meeting at school that I forgot about a therapy appointment. My therapist gets really annoyed when she gets last minute cancellations so I was really nervous about calling her. I just felt so lame because I have been forgetting things left and right lately. So I left her a long, convoluted message about why I couldn't miss the meeting, then hung my head.
2. A few minutes later, I decided to check the status of a Caremark (mail away prescription company) order I placed last weekend. On this order I had SPECIFICALLY REQUESTED 2 DAY SHIPPING. I even drew an arrow to the little box I checked on the form so that I would have it in plenty of time for Aruba. I had a sinking feeling about this, and I was right. They ignored my 2 day mail request and shipped it standard mail. This sent me into a total panic because these are my "happy pills" and I am so afraid they won't arrive in today's mail. I can't just STOP them suddenly. Like really, it can cause bad, bad results that way. So, I have spent the last several days frantically checking the status and going back and forth on the phone with my therapist trying to find a solution.
3. Yet another co-worker announced a pregnancy yesterday.
4. Work has been super stressful lately, for a ton of reasons that sound stupid when you say them out loud to people who don't work at a school. :)
5. The sight of the IVF drugs just sent me over the edge. I broke down
in tears in my kitchen. Then, the next morning at work, I cried at the
copy machine, right before my students came in. <sigh> Thanks so
much to all of you who commented. Your words of support really, really
I am so lucky to be able to do IVF, but that
doesn't make it any less scary or overwhelming. All those jokes I made
about celebrities getting IVF and having kids "the easy way" seem so
completely ridiculous to me now.
BRIGHT SIDE: Today is my last day of school until January 3rd AND I have exciting news that I'll be posting later today. Yay for good news.