Thursday, June 28, 2012

You Turned My Daughter into a Blueberry

Someone a while back mentioned that at a certain point in pregnancy, you can't suck in anymore. I can't believe I reached that point already at 13 weeks. I am full on in maternity pants and needed to buy 2 shirts today. Check out the difference! Holy crap!
13 weeks
12 weeks
I feel a little like Violet Beauregard in Willy Wonka.


A few things I'm learning and considering about belly shots:
1. Really consider what you wear. I did not think about that enough before the last 2 shots, and just went with comfy clothes. Note to self: choose cute clothes for the next pic.
2. Make sure no drawstrings are hanging down. Again, see above.
3. Choose pants that don't have VPL. (Thanks for reminding me of this fact on your recent post, Belle!)
4. Think about the possibility of including my head in these shots.
5. If I include my face, spend time on hair and makeup.

Some of you take REALLY cute belly shots (Lanie, Jen, and ADSchill come to mind among others) and you are inspiring me to give a crap about what I look like on the interwebs. :)


11 comments:

  1. 6. By a shirt that is easily duplicated during each size-stage of pregnancy. You know, for hard-core comparisons.

    Question- do people "suck it in" for their belly shots? Because I am large and in charge and embarassingly look at LEAST 20wks right now. And I don't even know for sure that I'm 3w5d.

    But hey! Your belly is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, the difference between the two weeks is amazing! So exciting to begin to "really" show! Cute tank in the 12 week, is that a maternity tank? I love the long ones. Um, thanks for the totally sweet shout out, but belly shots are totally something that I over think as you know! I love your little list of things to consider. I agree, it is a pain in the butt to plan these, but I keep thinking I will be happy with them later when I am no longer pregnant. Especially if I don't have another pregnancy.

    Please do, include your head. :)xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS, I saw Jen's too, and am totally impressed with those shots! Now I want to do weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I try to find clothes that will contrast the background well enough to show my true bump. I have to turn the right way or I have a bad double chin too! Hopefully if I take them every two weeks I will see the difference. I'll admit though...I do photoshop my blemishes ;) Who wants those in pictures forever? If you take some you really like, you can send them to me and I can touch them up a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the shout out!

    I am totally vain, and also photoshop the heck out of my pictures. I didn't nickname myself Purple Principessa for nothing! But I'd do need to remember to wear shoes. Sometimes they are on another level and I just can't be bothered. Also, I set my camera to take ten shots at once with the timer which gives me a few to pick from in case I blink or something.

    Lastly, that is exactly why my husband won't ever let me really name a daughter Violet! Sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute!!! Coming along so quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such good advice. I do think you look wonderful though :) hanging drawstring and all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute bump! Another idea for belly shots...wear the same shirt each time you take a pic. I think it helps to show how that belly is really growing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. you are looking so cute :-) awesome stuff! yay!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving your cute bump! I can totally see a difference!

    ReplyDelete

Shout it, shout it, shout it out loud!