Several lovely ladies tagged me in the Q&A that's been going around, so I figured I would give in. :)
These questions are from Cristy. Thanks for keeping me distracted lady!
Here are the rules:
Post the rules.
Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post.
Create 11 new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged.
Tag 11 people and link them to your post.
Let them know you’ve tagged them.
1) What do you want to be when you grow up?
I'm still trying to figure this one out! When I was little, I wanted to be an actress. I even got head shots and went on a few auditions. Then I realized, I am a terrible actress. :) But, I loved participating in theater, so I did that through high school. I also wanted to be a writer. Then, for a long time, I thought I would be an attorney. But, in college I changed my mind about that, and ended up majoring in Philosophy of all things. So, I took a random job in finance for a few years while I figured out my next move. I decided to go get my M.Ed. and go into teaching and have been teaching in an elementary school ever since. But, is that what I want to do forever? No. I have been LOVING writing again and am now regretting not pursuing it to begin with. So, we'll see what the future holds.
2) Do you have a favorite season? Which one and why?
Summer! Beach. 'Nuff said.
3) What is your fondest memory (childhood, teenagehood or adulthood)?
This is SO HARD. I think although several memories are tied, a trip I took with a girlfriend to Maui when I was 19 takes the cake. It was such a carefree time in my life and I was with a really good buddy. We spent the week sunbathing, snorkeling, laughing, and relaxing. And, there may or may not have been some pina coladas in the mix.
4) Name one thing you absolutely love about your sweetheart.
It is kind of disgusting how much I love KG. There are many, many reasons for this. Although I am tempted to name the post-its, I won't because you all know about that already. Something unusual that I love about him is how incredibly neat, clean, and organized he is. Seriously, this man has a system for everything from refrigerator organization, dishwasher loading, laundry folding, etc. I mean, he even enjoys keeping his own sports stats on Excel spreadsheets, because he can make them just the way he likes them. Don't even get me started on how perfect his sandwiches are - perfectly symmetrical and layered to perfection.
5) Speaking of music: Hip-hop or hard rock?
Hard rock. No question.
6) Tell me one thing you did in the past week you are proud of.
Made a kid smile when I told him how I remembered his part in a class play, when he was in kindergarten.
7) Tell me one thing you love about your body.
My legs are strong and muscular.
8) What was your favorite childhood toy?
I admit it - I was a Barbie girl. Ugh!
9) Share a funny story.
A rabbi, a priest, and a clown walk into a bar...
10) Looking back on this journey, what is one thing infertility has taught you?
It has taught me I am a lot stronger than I thought. Through a lot of pain and frustration, I'm still standing.
11) Finally, in honor of Mel's picky eater posts, share with us the one food you think everyone needs to try before they die. Explain why.
Truffle oil french fries. For serious, they are the most decadent, yummy fried treat on the planet.
OK, here are my questions:
1. How old were you when you learned to drive? Did you pass your test the first time?
2. Tell the story of how you met your significant other
3. What was your first pet?
4. Have you made any online friends that you now consider close?
5. What is your TV show guilty pleasure?
6. What is your favorite article of clothing?
7. Coffee or tea?
8. What was your major in college? Do you wish you had chosen differently?
9. What is the best trip you ever took?
10. If you could change anything about yourself, what would you change? (You aren't allowed to say, "Lose weight.")
11. What song was last played on your iPod?
Instead of tagging specific bloggers (because so many people have already done this one) just answer any/all in comments if you like!