Saturday, October 22, 2011

Sniffle, cough

I'm pretty proud of myself. By this time in other cycles (the ones where I actually ovulated) I was biting my nails down to the nibs. I often would have even wasted a pregnancy test or two by now, despite it being way too early to get a positive result. This time, I haven't done any of that.

There are two different reasons why I feel calmer about my TWW this time around:

1. I have an awful cold. I have spent the last three days plowing through at work despite a sore throat, congested sinuses (leading to an entirely blocked ear), and a nasty cough. My class play was on Friday, and I just needed to get through that before I could retire to my pillow/blanket fort on the couch.

2. I met with the RE on Wednesday to discuss the current state of affairs and get some information about IVF. Although we aren't making a decision about this quite yet, it was good to sit down and have her describe the whole process. She is leaving it up to hubby and I as to when we would move to IVF. She is ready to sign off on it now. But, we also have the option of doing more IUIs. I mean, IVF has ridiculously higher odds - 43-55% for someone my age. Those aren't just chances of pregnancy, those are chances of live birth! Big difference. IUIs are between 15-20% for just pregnancy. But, it is an intense process, both physically and emotionally. Of course, we hope it won't come to that, but it is comforting to have a plan in place.

For now, can someone help me out with making this cold go away?

1 comment:

  1. go away mean cold! :( I totally see how having more information about the possible next step and having it be in your hands is keeping the anxiousness at bay. It's not such a dark when you know what's coming up and you have options...keep it up girl! Love you, I hope you feel better soon. :)

    ReplyDelete

Shout it, shout it, shout it out loud!