This past week, I got the chance to see an old friend from high school, who is also a blogger. She and I both ended up at the same college, and even lived together for a year. Although she lives in Los Angeles, she and her husband were in Boston, visiting his mom. I hadn't seen her since our hs reunion in 2008, but as with all good friendships, it was like no time had passed. This morning, I checked her blog and she wrote an incredibly touching post about our hangout that made me cry. Go check out her awesome blog, Cease and Decyst.
In other news...
My vacation is nearly over. I am depressed about that already. No matter what, vacation is never long enough. It's not that I'm lazy. It's just that sleeping on a natural schedule, being on my own agenda, having time to actually clean my house, and being able to stay up past 9:00pm just feels RIGHT. Somehow, I have to get my teaching hat back on.
Because several neighbors decided to start mowing their damn lawns at 7:00am on a Saturday, I only have energy for bullets today. May I ask the homeowners out there, WHY would you do that to your neighbors?
• I didn't really have any side effects from Lupron last time, but man I do this go around. My emotions are supercharged, I been having SUPER vivid dreams (last night's involved Brad Pitt - TMI), and I'm getting super hot at night. Oh the joys of injectable meds.
• KG and I watched Contagion last night. I have had a compulsive need to wash my hands and wear a mask all morning. If you have any germophobe tendencies, I suggest you avoid this film. Otherwise, it was really well done! Netflix it!
• Even though I was born without the shopping gene, I had some luck in Los Angeles. In general, I feel like the shopping is way better there than in Boston. I don't know why, but I always seem to have greater success in stores out there.
Success #1: Ralph Lauren brown leather riding boots for 45% off at DSW, on clearance.
Success #2: Black flats that are perfect for work, modeled by one of my cats (Buttercup).
Success #3: Blue color block dress that will be perfect for a wedding I have to attend, with the right accessories and shoes.
Of course I also bought a shirt that I completely changed my mind about by the time I got back to Boston.
• There are times when a bargain is a good thing, and times when it isn't. The other day, Smoon suggested a mani/pedi and I turned her down because I spent too much money in L.A. But, of course, then I couldn't get it out of my mind. So, I caved and got a cheap mani/pedi ($20) near my house. The problem is, it really was a $20 mani/pedi. Pretty crappy. Oh well, at least my toes aren't naked now.
• Tomorrow, I am seeing Hunger Games with Smoon and another friend. IMAX baby! Yes, I read all 3 books and LOVED them. I can't wait!
• Thanks so much for all the kid words regarding my last post. I sent off a sympathy card and will make a donation in his name to a charity his wife requested. RIP George.